Hidden dust of Indian homes
During a study commissioned by Dyson1, dust samples were collected from 100 homes across India2. The samples focused on four primary areas including sofas, mattresses, carpets and car interiors.
4 Different surfaces
400 Unique dust samples
4,400 Data points
What we found
Our analysis showed allergens that are commonly present in Indian homes.
Cockroach allergens are commonly found in hidden dust.
Cockroaches produce allergens that can be excreted through their saliva, faeces, secretions and cast skin. These allergens can potentially trigger symptoms of asthma, hay fever, and dermatitis3 and were present in dust samples collected from key areas around the home and car.
Potentially harmful dust mite allergens were found throughout the home.
On average, humans shed around 22g of dead skin cells a month4. Microscopic dust mites feed on dead skin cells and have been found in dust collected from mattresses, carpets, and soft furnishings. Dust mite feaces contain highly-allergenic proteins that, when inhaled, can trigger asthma and other allergic conditions5.
Dog allergens are found wherever pets get. And some places they don't.
Dogs like to explore. But their saliva, hair and dead skin cells can leave behind allergens capable of triggering allergic reactions6. They collect on walls, furniture, clothing and other surfaces, and can be transfered to places where dogs are not present.
Harmful allergens in the air can potentially affect long-term health.
The dust found in homes is a mixture of many potentially harmful materials. Microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns can be inhaled, causing potential skin and respiratory problems.5
Traditional cleaning methods leaves dust behind.
Sweeping and dusting can agitate dust so it becomes airborne again, only to settle somewhere else in the room.
Deep cleans anywhere
Dyson cord-free technology makes cleaning easier all around your home.
Direct from Dyson
No cost EMI
Zero Cost EMI on EMIs taken for 3,6, 9 and 12 Months. The Interest cost levied on EMI is absorbed by the Brand so the customer does not have to pay anything more for opting for EMIs.
Dyson Price Match Promise.
Our prices are checked and matched daily, so you can be confident you’re getting the best price by purchasing direct from Dyson.in
If on the date of your Purchase, you find the same model advertised at a lower price by Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa Online, Croma Online in India, we’ll refund the difference.
Just contact our Customer Service team on 1-800-258-6688.
- Product must be the exact same model as appears on Dyson.in and be in stock with a qualifying retailer between 00:00 hrs to 23:59 hrs on the date of Purchase (“Price Match Promise Period”).
- Proof of advertised price (such as screenshot, website link etc.), during the Price Promise Period by a qualifying India retailer is required.
- Qualifying online retailers are: Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa, Croma (www.amazon.in, www.flipkart.com, www.nykaa.com, www.croma.com)
- Promise does not apply if your purchase is part of a bundle or collection or on EMI transactions.
- If the Product is returned by you after claiming the Price Match Promise, then only the amount after deducting the Price Match Promise amount from the invoice amount will be returned.
- Refunds will be processed by our Customer Service team within 5-10 working days. Refunds will be processed in the Customer’s bank account for which the customer will be required to share the bank account details with Dyson. No requests for refund in cash, credit card, debit card or any other mode or refund to a third party account will be entertained.
- Dyson reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice, without liability, and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to withdraw the Price Match Promise and/or add/alter/modify/change or vary all of these Price Promise terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this service by another service, whether similar to this or not.
- Product advertised must be new and in its original packaging. Promise does not apply if the product is reconditioned, refurbished, used, damaged, returned, open box, counterfeit or a demonstrator product.
- Dyson’s decision in regard to the Price Match Promise shall be final and binding.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of India. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions between you and Dyson shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Gurugram, Haryana.
Two year warranty
We don’t stop caring about your machines once they’re yours. We offer a warranty on parts and labour for two years on cordless vacuum cleaners, hair dryers and air purifiers.
When you buy from Dyson.in you can choose to register your warranty automatically, so you won’t have to fill any more forms.
Free 30 day return
Money back guaranteeIf you need to return your machine for any reason, we will collect it at a time convenient for you – within 30 days of you receiving the machine.
At no extra cost.
With no questions asked.