Dyson warranty: terms and conditions.
What does a Dyson warranty cover?
A Dyson warranty covers the repair or replacement (at Dyson's discretion) of your Dyson machine if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within the warranty period.
If any part is no longer available (e.g. particular colour variations), Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part.
What isn't covered by a Dyson warranty?
Dyson machines are engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the warranty period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it.
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson warranty doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print. Here's what isn't covered:
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
- Accidental damage - We are running limited period offer on FC, please refer to this section
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate.
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it. If you are unsure, our customer support helpline is free to call on 1800 258 6688. A Dyson expert will talk you through what to do.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the Dyson machine which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual;
- Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components. A full range of genuine Dyson spares and accessories for all Dyson machines is available at https://www.dyson.in/support-get-the-most-out-of-your-machine-support/tools
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.
If you have any questions about what a Dyson warranty covers, we'll be happy to help. You can call us free on 1800 258 6688. (between 9am to 9pm from Monday to Sunday except NationalHolidays)
What are the terms and conditions of the warranty?
The terms and conditions of a Dyson warranty are as follows:
- The warranty becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of delivery / purchase before any work can be carried out on your machine under the warranty. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee.
If you have any questions, you can call us free on 1800 258 6688.(between 9am to 9pm from Monday to Sunday except NationalHolidays)