"No-one was designing the type of motor we needed. So we spent eight years developing our own. Without it, our cord-free vacuums could not deliver such power. "
Opening the throttle.
In 1997, conventional motors were still using 160-year-old technology. So we started developing smaller, faster digital motors – by adding intelligent software to a motorbike impeller.
By 2009, we'd created the 200W Dyson digital motor V2. Small and light, it span at 78,000rpm, providing the power we needed for our first cord-free stick vacuum.
The Dyson Digital Slim™ vacuum launched in 2011. With the motor and the battery in the handle, it had the optimum centre of gravity for floor-to-ceiling cleaning – and created a new kind of vacuum cleaner.
Pushing the boundaries.
As our engineers developed our next-generation 350W Dyson digital motor, we had to find a casing robust enough to hold the motor together while it span at 110,000rpm.
So we investigated the super-strong, ultra-light casing used in Formula 1 for its KERS flywheel technology. And then we created our own – by adapting carbon fibre fishing rod tubes.
In 2014, our new motor powered the Dyson V6™ stick vacuum. With a redesigned nickel manganese cobalt battery, it had 150% more power than its predecessor, and a run time of up to 20 minutes.*
But we didn’t stop there. We retuned the battery to increase the run time of the Dyson V7™ vacuum to 30 minutes*, and cut noise with improved acoustics.
134 Patents on Dyson V7™ cord-free vacuums
150 Dyson engineers worked to improve the motor
466 Kilometers pushed during testing
Buy direct from the people who made it
Best price policy
Prices matched daily.
Our prices are checked and matched daily, so you can be confident you’re getting the best price by purchasing direct from Dyson.in
If you find (within 7 working days) the same machine advertised at a lower price (inclusive of bank cashback offers) by Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa or Croma in India, we’ll refund the difference and match the price.
You just need to contact our Customer Service team on 1-800-258-6688.
Below are the terms to avail the policy:
- Product must be the exact same model as it appears on Dyson.in
- Product advertised must be new and in its original packaging. Promise does not apply if the product is reconditioned, refurbished, used, damaged, returned, open box or a demonstrator product.
- Bank cashback offers on retailers does not include offers on commercial/distributors cards, retailer branded bank cards, and retailer loyalty cards.
- Retailer on which the policy is applicable: Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa, Croma. Proof of advertised price by the retailer is required.
- Promise does not apply if your purchase is part of a bundle or collection that can also be purchased individually at full price.
- Refunds will be processed by our Customer Service team within 5-10 working days
No cost EMI
Zero Cost EMI on EMIs taken for 3, 6, 9, 12 and 18 Months. The Interest cost levied on EMI is absorbed by the Dyson so the customer does not have to pay anything more for opting for EMIs.
Free 30 day return
Money back guaranteeIf you need to return your machine for any reason, we will collect it at a time convenient for you – within 30 days of you receiving the machine.
At no extra cost.
With no questions asked.
Please note that bundled/combo products have to be returned together.
Direct from Dyson
Exclusive Dyson machines, unique color options and special gift editions, only available from Dyson.in and Dyson Demo Stores.
*Stated run time applies to powerful suction mode with non-motorised tool attached.